Jan 3, 2021

There’s so much to say.

Well, blogger updated everything and that was a bit unsettling when I logged in as I wrote this awhile back.

I have a ton of stuff in my drafts queue at the moment... unfinished rants really but so hot button I’m on the fence about posting it. I mean it isn’t as if I have any kind of audience or anything so I guess there isn’t so much to worry about and it’s not as if there are direct links to me.

In the meantime I do want to talk about one thing...

Boy, do I feel bad for Warren Ellis.

I’ve got to love our current climate and the culture of victimhood that is so very prevalent today.

Apparently a series of nubile young girls over the years sidled up to Ellis and he flirted with them. You know what’s funny about this? I’m trying to understand if we’re supposed to treat women as equals or if they are somehow diminished persons who are incapable of standing up for themselves.

I mean, which is it?

See, beauty is coin. Don’t give me any bullshit that it isn’t. People use good looks to get ahead in this world and if you don’t agree with that you’re either naive or out and out stupid. Youth too, like beauty is coin. Nothing is probably as shocking to a beautiful woman as to realize that people aren’t hanging on to every word the way they did after the beauty has faded.

That’s when being a nice person counts.

I’ve come across a couple of women who were quite beautiful on the outside but horribly ugly on the inside and when the beauty faded they only became even uglier because of all that rage they had when the attention dried up.

In Ellis’ case, it’s more than a little ironic because Ellis is about as far from a conservative figure in comics as you could possibly get but he is a man (and White to boot) and as we all know all the world’s ills have been visited upon us all by evil WHITE MEN!

 Sex is a transactional interaction between two people and anyone who says it isn’t is lying.

Yet, here we are supposedly enlightened and l...

The bottom line here is that Ellis has been pilloried by the very same folks for whom he was a champion.

Ellis has gone to the mattresses to borrow a Godfather analogy, he’s removed himself from social media and is keeping a low profile. He didn’t fight the social justice warriors as much as put out a statement saying he was sorry. It didn’t stop the angry legion of the ’never was‘ who hoped to sidle up to Ellis in an attempt to gain fame.

No, they’re still out there as angry as ever but the difference now is that they’re trying to use their victim status as a way to gain the fame that they could never achieve via talent alone.

Waaaaahhhhh, waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh... look at me, I’m a victim!

BAD MISTER MAN!

Let’s get this straight... if you’re a woman of legal age, are you responsible for yourself and your decisions or do you need someone to take care of you? Do you need people to infantilize you and make the world safe for you because you’re simply not capable to take care of yourself?

Which is it? Are you equals or not?

Because, YOU CAN’T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

People can behave shittily all the time, people can lie. Suck it up!

Even if they don’t, put on your big girl panties already and stop pretending.

Did Ellis do anything wrong? Ummmm... that would be a no as long as someone was of legal age. About the worst thing he might be guilty of is adultery and that’s between him and his wife.

It’s long past time to keep swallowing this bullshit and time to start fighting back and calling it what it is which is nothing more than a form of blackmail. These things are real funny in that once you start down a path like this, you can’t foresee where it will take you and it’s often places you didn’t want to go to and had no intention of being in. Problem is that by the time people realize that it is often way too late to do anything about it.

Me, I’m getting older and sometimes, I’m really happy about that.

And also I’m enough of a lech and if some woman throws herself at me I won’t be saying no.

No comments: